Bangkok to Singapore by Luxury Train
- Three nights on the luxurious Eastern & Oriental Express, in private compartments with en-suite facilities
- See the famed bridge over River Kwai
- Choose your tours in Kanchanaburi and Kuala Kangsar, based on your interests
- Meals on the Eastern & Oriental Express; the train’s food service has received international accolades
- Sipping cocktails on the train’s outdoor observation area
Linking Bangkok and Singapore, the Eastern & Oriental Express provides a satisfying introduction to four great cultures, as revealed by the glittering Thai temples of Bangkok and Singapore’s exciting mix of Chinese, Indian, and Malay architecture and cuisine. The mid-journey sightseeing choices include the famed bridge over the River Kwai, a cycle tour to a village, or a culinary tour to a market and an ancient noodle factory. Each are fascinating and well-received already this season.
This journey is also available in reverse, from Singapore to Bangkok.
Day 1: Bangkok
The Eastern & Oriental Express departs Bangkok early evening. Sip a welcome drink and settle into your comfortable private compartment. An elegant dinner is served as the train travels from city into the countryside with its rice-fields, villages and water buffalo. Retire to your compartment, transformed into a cozy bedroom by your steward.
Day 2: Kanchanaburi
Awake early in order not to miss the excitement of the train making its way along the wooden trestle viaduct from Wang Po and on to the River Kwai Bridge station. Disembark in Kanchanaburi for your choice of tour:
1. The Classic option includes a boat trip on the River Kwai and visit to Thai-Burma Railway Museum, to discover the history of the infamous railway built here during World War II.
2. The Tracks to Unseen Thailand option will have you biking through the rice paddies, stopping off at a local farm.
3. The Local Flavors tour option explores the wet market, a rice noodle house and combines a raft cruise with a cooking class.
Return to the train for a relaxing afternoon, with lunch and dinner on board, as you travel through unforgettable scenery.
Day 3: Kuala Kangsar
Spend the morning enjoying the view and a leisurely brunch on board. Arrive in Kuala Kangsar, where you disembark and travel by coach to Labu Kabong, a village set among paddy fields and backed by lush mountains. Here you have two excursion options:
1. A traditional village experience, allowing you to immerse yourself in rural Malaysian life.
2. Advanced trekkers can follow an expert naturalist on an invigorating hill-trek. Long sleeves, pants, and suitable footwear are recommended for this option.
Rejoin the train for a refreshing cocktail accompanied by live piano music, followed by a glamorous final dinner on board.
Day 4: Singapore
After breakfast, soon it’s time to leave the train, having crossed the Straits of Johor into Singapore.
Dates & Prices
September 23 - 26
October 2 - 5
October 10 - 13
October 17 - 20
October 28 - 31
November 5 - 8
November 16 - 19
November 24 - 27
December 5 - 8
December 24 - 27
|Pullman Single||From $3,739||15%|
|Pullman Double||From $3,739||15%|
|State Cabin||From $5,284||15%|
|Presidential Cabin||From $8,116||15%|
- Prices are per person and varies based on availability and date. Prices are subject to change daily. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure.
This trip also runs Singapore to Bangkok. See reverse Itinerary
Book Your Journey
Reviews From Our Travelers
I loved it. It was just an exquisite experience, in every sense of the word. The train was elegant and beautiful, the staff was excellent, the attention to detail was remarkable.
I cannot praise Eleanor Hardy's company highly enough. She took care of all the planning, paying attention to every detail and thus this trip was smooth running and fabulous. I hope to travel with this company again.
Excellent! They took care of every detail and made sure we didn’t had any inconvenience at any time. Their hard work and personal attention to every detail was obvious. In a complicated country like India, they made sure we had the maximum enjoyment in every place we visited. Their professionalism and hard work assured it was an unforgettable experience.
A limited number of cabins without a single supplement are available; be sure to book early.
Touring Options: We highly recommend that you select your preferred touring options well in advance of your final payment. Please ask us for more details.
Please note: The Eastern & Oriental Express travels over rough track in Thailand. If you have back issues or other health issues that would be exacerbated by rough track, you may be more comfortable on a different train. Call or e-mail us to discuss which journey is right for you.
Extend Your Trip!
We can arrange private transfers, touring and posh hotels in Bangkok and Singapore. Call for details!