Why Book with Us?
Why book with The Society of International Railway Travelers?
Reason #1: We Know Luxury Rail
A family-owned and operated business since 1983, The Society of International Railway Travelers® (IRT) is the world’s most respected luxury rail travel agency.
Our list of The World’s Top 25 Trains®, updated annually, is the go-to source for the latest in luxury rail travel worldwide.
We publish the “Bible” of world luxury rail travel – “The IRT Society’s Best-Loved Railway Journeys®” – and frequently update our top-notch website and blog (Track 25) to provide the latest news.
We know what we sell. IRT Society owners and staff have traveled millions of miles to experience the world’s luxury trains first-hand.
And because we’ve actually ridden these trains — in most cases multiple times — we can suggest the right luxury rail trip for you:
- Best accommodations
- Best time to travel
- How and what to pack
- Mobility and fitness level required
- Luxury rail etiquette
- Travel visas, gratuities, currency, tour inclusions, & more
Reason #2: The Human Connection
Our personal service is renowned. With IRT you actually communicate with a human who cares about your vacation. We’re your trusted travel advocate.
Emergency assistance: Flight cancelled? Train delayed? You have access to our senior managers by phone or email 24/7 while you travel.
We’re accessible: We answer your questions. If we’re busy, we get back to you ASAP.
Information: We are a font of luxury train knowledge! We supply information that you can’t get anywhere else based on our unbeatable first-hand experiences and unparalleled personal connections with global partners – from trains to hotels to travel insurance agencies.
The IRT name opens doors: As a preferred partner with the top rail companies worldwide, we receive news first. Our distinctive blue-and-white luggage tags are recognized around the globe!
VIP treatment: We reconfirm all of your services. We unabashedly beg for complimentary extras and upgrades on your behalf. We personally contact each hotel or safari camp before you arrive.
Reason #3: Our Virtuoso Membership
We are members of Virtuoso, the world’s premier luxury and experiential travel network with $30 billion in buying power globally. Virtuoso comprises the top travel advisors and the finest travel suppliers worldwide.
What does that mean for you?
- Special amenities and upgrades in partner hotels and resorts – an average value of $450 per hotel stay.
- The most exclusive sightseeing and travel experiences in the world. If you can dream it, we can make it happen.
- The most exciting “off-the-beaten-track” active and adventure travel.
- An unrivaled support network for you provided by our travel partners, backed by years of established trust and personal relationships.
We not only know what we sell – we make it our business to know everyone involved in your travel experience.
Just a few of our partners:
- Rovos Rail
- Golden Eagle Luxury Trains
- Belmond Trains, Cruises, & Hotels
- Rocky Mountaineer
- Abercrombie & Kent
- Tauck Tours
- Micato Safaris
- Big Five Tours & Expeditions
- Four Seasons Hotels
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels
- Lindblad Expeditions
- National Geographic
Reason #4: Travel Industry Accolades
- Named Conde Nast Traveler’s Top Travel Specialist for luxury trains
- Top Seller of the new-for-2018 Grand Suites on Belmond’s iconic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Members of the invitation-only Belmond Bellini Club (IRT travelers receive a $500 credit towards future travel on many Belmond itineraries!)
- Featured in leading publications, including Kiplinger’s, Virtuoso Life, and The New York Times