Good News from Canada!
At last! Fully vaccinated Americans and other foreign nationals are able to enter Canada. And that means travelers from the U.S. and elsewhere who are fully vaccinated can enjoy two of The Society of International Railway Travelers’ “World’s Top 25 Trains.”
These wonderful trains are:
- VIA Rail Canada’s 3-day, 4-night Toronto-Vancouver (and v.v.) vintage streamliner Canadian, with its classic dining car and whose Prestige Class (with double bed, ensuite shower, sink and toilet and priority seating in the dome car) is the only way to travel the 3,946 miles across Canada. Prestige class is scheduled to restart November 15. It’s time to plan now for the Canadian travel for 2022.
- Western Canada’s sightseeing, all-daylight train The Rocky Mountaineer, with its lavish, double-decked dome cars featuring a lower-level dining area, outdoor viewing platform and a gigantic upper-level dome. That outdoor viewing deck alone is worth the price of the ticket.
Here are the rules, as of 9/10/21, for traveling aboard VIA’s Canadian:
First of all, the rules apply only to fully vaccinated guests.
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 full days prior to the day you enter Canada.
Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1, then Friday July 16 would be the first day that you meet the 14-day condition.
- upload your proof of vaccination to the government’s online portal: ArriveCAN
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test).
For more info, click here.
Here are the rules, as of 9/10/21, for traveling aboard the Rocky Mountaineer in Canada:
If your train departure is September 12 or later, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination at one of Rocky Mountaineer’s Guest Centres in British Columbia or Alberta.
You also will be asked to submit to a rapid screening test in advance of your Rocky Mountaineer travel at one of the train’s guest centers. You also will be asked to provide contract tracing information prior to your trip.
Check in on line up to 48 hours before your train departure.
Please email us your name and phone number to schedule a complimentary, 15-minute chat. We’ll discuss our process for designing your custom, private Canada journey. We want to be sure it’s perfect for you.