Railway Journeys 2011: “Wish Book” for World’s Top 25 Trains
The 60-page, all-color IRT Society’s Best-Loved Railway Journeys 2011™ is out the door, and I must say, we’re proud parents.
New for 2011:
- Incredible India’s Maharajas’ Express; our newest Top 25 Train reveals Delhi-Mumbai, and much more
- Russian Ballet & Opera: What a combination! Moscow-Kiev-Odessa-St. Petersburg tour blends high culture with high-class rail travel. The Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express ferries guests to St. Petersburg’s Mariinsky Theatre and Moscow’s Bolshoi, as well as the national ballet and opera theatres of Kiev and Odessa
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express Romantic Italian Holiday: It’s love at first sight. Florence, Venice luxury hotels meet luxury train.
- Danube ExpressIstanbul Loop: West and East combine on this new round-trip fairy tale from Budapest
- El Transcantábrico Gran Lujo, all large-suite train: Gourmet Northern Spanish meals off-train, posh cabins on board
- Glacier, Bernina Express escorted tours: Classic Swiss trains star in this Alpine rail fantasy
- Two Owners’ Choice Society of IRT group journeys: Rovos Rail 2011 and Eastern & Oriental 2012.
We hope you’ll love the detail and photographs — 85% of them are from our staff and members. We also hope you love the reporting, the detail, the facts. Enjoy!
Once you take a look, please let us know what you think. Is it useful, beautiful, inspiring?