- Spending the evening in the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express‘ lovely bar car, sipping your favorite drink while listening to live piano music
- Enjoying a gourmet four-course formal dinner prepared by skilled French chefs, served in one of the train’s three Art Deco dining cars
- Relaxing as you gaze out your window at the breathtaking canals of Venice and Amsterdam
- Breakfast served in the privacy of your compartment
- Pampering by your personal steward
- Wine and champagne included with meals (top-shelf liquors and drinks in the bar car at additional cost)
- Grand Suite passengers enjoy free-flowing champagne in their cabins and included private arrival and departure transfers to/from the train station, among several other special benefits.
- Enjoying the beauty, artistry and history of these unique trains, lovingly restored in every detail
Board the stylish Venice Simplon-Orient-Express for a two-day, one-night journey that visits the marvelous European cities of Venice, Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam with both northbound and southbound departures. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Alps while being pampered aboard one of the world’s most famous trains.
- The Netherlands
Day 1: Board in Venice
Board the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Venice mid-morning. Settle into your comfortable private cabin and soak up the views as you sample indulgent pastries with tea and coffee, served by your steward.
Later that evening, sit down to a lavish four-course dinner, prepared on board by an expert team of chefs.
After dinner you may want to linger in the bar car, listening to the sound of the baby grand piano. When you are ready, retire to your cabin, which has now been transformed into a cozy bedroom.
Day 2: Arrive Paris, Brussels, or Amsterdam
For departures starting in Venice, your steward serves Continental breakfast in your cabin as the train arrives at Paris. Feel free to stretch your legs on the platform as we pause to pick up supplies and fellow passengers.
As the train journeys north, linger over a delicious lunch. Take the opportunity to browse the onboard boutique for elegant gifts and exclusive mementos. Before arriving in Amsterdam, your steward serves a selection of indulgent pastries with tea and coffee in your cabin.
(Optional: Guests may depart the train earlier in the day in either Paris or Brussels.)
Day 1: Board in Amsterdam, Brussels, or Paris
Step aboard the gleaming carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Depending on your boarding time, settle into your inviting private cabin and relax before a stunning three-course lunch in one of the dining cars.
As the train and afternoon roll on, return to your cabin and admire views of forests, lakes and mountains. Perhaps enjoy an aperitif in the Bar Car before sitting down to tonight’s magnificent four-course dinner.
Day 2: Arrive Venice
Your steward serves a continental breakfast in your cabin as you wind past the stunning mountain and lake scenery of Switzerland. Enjoy a delicious three-course lunch followed by a leisurely afternoon, or perhaps browse the onboard boutique for exclusive gifts.
Your steward will serve pastries in your cabin before the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express pulls into Venice, your journey’s end.
Dates & Prices
April 15 - 16
April 18 - 19 *
July 22 - 23
July 25 - 26 *
*This departure runs Amsterdam to Venice.
|ACCOMMODATION||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy||Deposit|
|Historic Twin/Double Cabin||From £3,530||From £7,060||15%|
|Suite||From £6,600||From £13,200||15%|
|Grand Suite||From £9,240||From £18,480||15%|
- On the northbound route, guests will board in Venice and can disembark in either Paris, Brussels, or Amsterdam.
- On the southbound route, guests can board in Amsterdam, Brussels, or Paris.
- Prices are in British pounds. View approximate exchange rates.
- Prices are per person.
- Pricing varies based on availability and date, and subject to change daily. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure.
Book Your Journey
Reviews From Our Travelers
I cannot praise Eleanor Hardy's company highly enough. She took care of all the planning, paying attention to every detail and thus this trip was smooth running and fabulous. I hope to travel with this company again.
In a word, wonderful. I am so happy. I have traveled my entire life, but aging has put limits on my mobility. I was beginning to despair--would I be able to make more of my dreams come true? With the help of Rachel Hardy, the IRT team, and their associates at Remote Lands, I was able to see everything I had hoped for--and more--in comfort. Amazing! I am so grateful.
Your knowledge, experience, and intuition about what constitutes a trip of a lifetime was a hundred percent on target. Thank you again Eleanor Flagler Hardy for all that you've done for my experience and all you will do for others. You are a Gem.
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express now has fully en-suite cabins. Six Grand Suites are available on every departure. These include a private bathroom with shower, washbasin, and toilet, living area with space for private dining, and a sofa which can be converted into an additional small bed. See a full description of the Grand Suites and in our blog report.