- Two nights aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, luxuriating in the train’s amenities and atmosphere
- Afternoon tea on the Belmond British Pullman while traveling through the English countryside (London departures only)
- Spending the evening in the lovely Venice Simplon-Orient-Express’ bar car, sipping your favorite drink while listening to live piano music
- A gourmet four-course formal dinner prepared by skilled French chefs, served in one of the train’s three dining cars
- Beautiful mountain scenery
- Pampering by your personal steward
- For departures starting in Paris, enjoy a complimentary private transfer from your hotel to the train station.
- Wine and champagne included with meals (top-shelf liquors and drinks in the bar car at additional cost)
- Grand Suite passengers enjoy free-flowing champagne in their cabins and included private arrival and departure transfers to/from the train station, among several other special benefits.
- Enjoying the beauty, artistry and history of these unique trains, lovingly restored in every detail
Take a step back in time on this overnight trip aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. This fabulous journey includes two nights on the train, plus, for those 2023 passengers starting in to London, a glorious afternoon on the Belmond British Pullman luxury day train.
Beginning in 2024, this journey will begin in Paris only.
See Dates & Prices section for more information about different routings offered.
Ask us how you can combine back-to-back train rides for a 5-day roundtrip experience.
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
Day 1: Depart London or Paris
Board the Art Deco Belmond British Pullman, sister train to the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, in London, and savor a delicious brunch with a refreshing Bellini as you make your way through the Kent countryside to Folkestone. Here, you are escorted by coach to Cheriton, where you board the shuttle to Calais.
At Calais Ville Station, the legendary Wagons-Lits carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express await. Settle into your comfortable private cabin before enjoying a sumptuous dinner in one of the magnificent dining cars. Later, you may wish to linger in Bar Car ‘3674’, listening to the resident pianist play the baby grand and chatting to fellow passengers before you retire for the night.
For 2023 departures, you may also choose to board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Paris, around 9 p.m., with a late dinner served upon boarding.
For 2024 departures, your journey begins in Paris and does not include London.
Day 2: Arrive Prague
Your steward serves Continental breakfast in your cabin as you gaze at the beautiful scenery through your window. Germany’s lush forested hills and broad river valleys greet you as you relax over a leisurely three-course lunch in the dining car.
The train pulls in to Prague mid-afternoon.
Day 1: Depart Prague
Your steward greets you as you board the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and escorts you to your cabin. A selection of pastries is served by your steward as you relax in your cabin.
The evening brings a sumptuous four-course dinner, prepared using the freshest seasonal ingredients by the skilled onboard French chefs. Before retiring for the night, why not linger over a brandy or liqueur in the convivial Bar Car.
Day 2: Arrive Paris or London
For 2023 departures, continental breakfast is served in the comfort of your cabin as the train arrives into into Paris Gare de l’Est Station early morning. Disembark in Paris or continue to London:
A delicious brunch is served in the restaurant cars as you travel on towards the French coast. At Calais Ville Station, disembark the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express transfer with your fellow guests to Lille Station for your Eurostar service to London St Pancras station.
For 2024 departures, continental breakfast is served in the comfort of your cabin. Take the opportunity to browse the onboard boutique for elegant gifts and exclusive mementos before your arrival into Paris Gare de l’Est Station early morning.
Dates & Prices
July 7 - 8 *
July 10 - 11 *
*2024 departures will run as follows:
- July 7-8: Paris to Vienna to Prague
- July 10-11: Prague to Vienna to Paris
|Accommodations||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy||Deposit|
|Historic Twin/Double Cabin||From £3,530||From £7,060||15%|
|Suite||From £6,600||From £13,200||15%|
|Grand Suite||From £10,165||From £20,330||15%|
- Please note prices are in British pounds. View approximate exchange rates.
- Prices are per person.
- Pricing varies based on availability and date. Prices are subject to change daily. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure.
- Ask us how you can combine back-to-back train rides for a 5-day roundtrip experience.
Book Your Journey
Reviews From Our Travelers
I cannot praise Eleanor Hardy's company highly enough. She took care of all the planning, paying attention to every detail and thus this trip was smooth running and fabulous. I hope to travel with this company again.
In a word, wonderful. I am so happy. I have traveled my entire life, but aging has put limits on my mobility. I was beginning to despair--would I be able to make more of my dreams come true? With the help of Rachel Hardy, the IRT team, and their associates at Remote Lands, I was able to see everything I had hoped for--and more--in comfort. Amazing! I am so grateful.
Our family trip to Japan was perfectly planned by Eleanor....all eight of us were very happy with the trip and all of the arrangements, which were MANY! We came home happier than any of us thought possible!
IRT recommends boarding in London to enjoy the Belmond British Pullman, and more time on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express — and the convenience of not having to come to the Paris train station dressed in your formal wear for dinner!
We are delighted to arrange your hotels in Prague, Paris, or London, as well as transfers and touring, to meet your requirements. Contact us for more information about this concierge service.
Special Report: View travel notes by Society owners Owen & Eleanor Hardy, who celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Venice-Paris-London.