Singapore to Bangkok by Luxury Train
- Two nights on the luxurious Eastern & Oriental Express, in private compartments with en-suite facilities
- See the famed bridge over River Kwai
- Choose your tours in Kuala Kangsar and Kanchanaburi, based on your interests
- Meals on the Eastern & Oriental Express; the train’s food service has received international accolades
- Sipping cocktails on the train’s outdoor observation area, watching the scenery roll by
Linking Singapore and Bangkok, the Eastern & Oriental Express provides a satisfying introduction to four great cultures, as revealed by Singapore’s exciting mix of Chinese, Indian, and Malay architecture and cuisine, and the glittering Thai temples of Bangkok. The mid-journey sightseeing choices include the famed bridge over the River Kwai, a cycle tour to a village, or a culinary tour to a market.
The stellar staff of the Eastern & Oriental Express train ensures your glass is never empty and you want for nothing. Dining is an undeniable highlight of this journey — lunch and dinner are multi-course affairs combining Asian and Western specialities.
This journey is also available in reverse, from Bangkok to Singapore.
Day 1: Depart Singapore
Board the Eastern & Oriental Express and depart Singapore in the afternoon, savoring the fascinating scenery of rural Malaysia, then dress for the evening and sip an aperitif as the resident pianist plays in the bar car.
Move to one of the beautiful dining cars to enjoy a four-course dinner prepared by the renowned on-board chefs. Head back to the bar car for a nightcap, or retire to your cabin, which has been transformed into a bedroom by your steward.
Day 2: Kuala Kangsar
Breakfast is served in your cabin by your steward. Arrive in Kuala Kangsar, where you disembark and travel by coach to Labu Kabong, a village set among paddy fields and backed by lush mountains. Here you have two excursion options:
1. A traditional village experience, allowing you to immerse yourself in rural Malaysian life.
2. Advanced trekkers can opt for an invigorating hill-trek with a local naturalists, with spectacular panoramic views at the top. Long sleeves, pants, and suitable footwear are recommended for this option.
Rejoin the train for a refreshing cocktail accompanied by live piano music, followed by another glamorous and delicious dinner on board.
Day 3: Kanchanaburi & Bangkok
Disembark this morning in Kanchanaburi for your choice of tour:
1. The Classic option includes the River Kwai Bridge and Thai-Burma Railway Museum, to discover the history of the infamous railway built here during World War II.
2. The Tracks to Unseen Thailand option will have you biking through the rice paddies, stopping off at a local farm.
3. The Local Flavors tour option explores the wet market, a rice noodle house and combines a raft cruise with a cooking class.
Return to the train for lunch before the train pulls into Bangkok late afternoon.
Dates & Prices
September 17 - 19, 2022
September 28 - 30, 2022
October 6 - 8, 2022
October 14 - 16, 2022
October 22 - 24, 2022
November 1 - 3, 2022
November 10 - 12, 2022
November 21 - 23, 2022
November 29 - December 1, 2022
December 20 - 22, 2022
December 29, 2022 - January 1, 2023 *
*Special New Year’s Eve departure is four days / three nights. Contact us for itinerary and pricing.
|Pullman Single||From $3,430||15%|
|Pullman Double||From $3,430||15%|
|State Cabin||From $5,165||15%|
|Presidential Suite||From $7,807||15%|
- Prices are per person and varies based on availability and date. Prices are subject to change daily. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure.
This trip also runs Bangkok to Singapore. See reverse Itinerary
Book Your Journey
Reviews From Our Travelers
I loved it. It was just an exquisite experience, in every sense of the word. The train was elegant and beautiful, the staff was excellent, the attention to detail was remarkable.
Every year I think this will be my final trip. But the trips you offer are so glorious I can’t stop. You may have to have me committed somewhere to get me to stop.
Eleanor and her staff are enthusiastic and provide information that is additional to that provided by the particular tour agency. She makes an effort to know her clients and makes sure that the tour is appropriate for each client and follows up on details.
A limited number of cabins without a single supplement are available on this itinerary of the Eastern & Oriental Express.
Please note: The Eastern & Oriental Express travels over rough track in Thailand. If you have back issues or other health issues that would be exacerbated by rough track, you may be more comfortable on a different train. Call or e-mail us to discuss which journey is right for you.
*Special New Year’s Eve Journey: This special 4-day Singapore-Bangkok trip on the E&O is one of Southeast Asia’s best-kept secrets. Tour runs December 29- January 1. Rates for this departure start at $4,750 per person.
Extend Your Trip!
Our concierge travel department can arrange touring, transfers and posh hotels for a luxurious package. Contact us for details.